[governance] MAG mandate extended, call for new members:

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun May 4 12:23:40 EDT 2008

I've no idea of the provenance of this particular document but having been
involved at various stages in reading these types of documents and even
helping to draft a few of them I think that Parminder is quite correct in
how he is interpreting the somewhat glacial but nevertheless significant
evolution going on here... What seems to be happening is a "taking into
account" of the positions that CS has been putting forward in various venues
including through representation on the MAG.

In these documents its often what is not said or how one phrase modifies or
is juxtaposed with another that is meant to signal (though not specify)
meaning... They are drafted so as to be ambiguous, to allow change to occur
without it seeming to occur...

Agreeing with Parminder, these are notable though mostly very subtle
advances I would say.

MG