[governance] MAG mandate extended, call for new members:

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon May 5 03:37:34 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

>  I think these new developments are so salutary for moving towards more
>  legitimate global public bodies, especially in the contexts of some new-age
>  obfuscations that have off late been quite strong, that I am inclined to
>  write a congratulatory letter to the SG.

<irony>

Oh yes, please, let's write one from the IGC, suggested text below:

Dear Ban,

Thanks ever so much for having your 3rd assistant's flunky's press
liaison's minion change a few words from last years press release
regarding the IGF MAG.   We feel ever so much better now about your
office deciding who gets on the MAG now that we know these people are
at least supposed "to be willing to reach out".

The Internet coordination process has been called  "bottom-up" because
it is based on the concept that all Internet users can contribute to
that process.  We thank you for taking some names from us folks here
in the "middle", so that you can make a  "top-down" decision.  It
makes us feel all warm 'n fuzzy that you may or may not appoint our
nominees to a group who very loosely oversee the operation of a
non-binding discussion forum.

It makes all the difference in the world. Really.

So, keep up the good work, and while your at it, maybe you can get
your MONUC lads to stop selling their guns to the local boys?  You
could do it the same way you got them to stop exchanging sacks of food
for young girls to use as sex toys, as that worked a treat! Oh, and
speaking of food, prices around the world seem to be creeping up a
bit, don't you have an office in Rome to look into this?

Ta very much!

</irony>

--
Cheers,