[governance] NOMCOM - MAG nominations

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Mar 31 09:04:12 EDT 2008

OK, Parm. I recognize the huge challenge the NomCom will face: to create
a consensus list of CS indications "of the entire planet" which will be
submitted to a decision-making process beyond our say.

I think we should be prepared to face the hard facts: the SG will decide
on the basis of the stronger political influences within the UN
decision-making processes. These are simply not us. *Or*, the UN is
giving such a low priority to this (as the SG has demonstrated since he
became so -- he was in Brazil during IGF II and ignored the event, and
let the MAG and secretariat suffer in a limbo throughout 2007) that he
will let whatever the IGF secretariat proposes go through. This would
improve our chances, I think.

frt rgds

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org