[governance] NOMCOM - MAG nominations

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Mar 31 00:42:57 EDT 2008

Sure, Carlos.

I request members to discuss criteria for selecting IGC nominees. It will
help the nomcom to decide things in a manner that represent the widest
possible consensus among the group. However no formal set of criteria based
on the discussions will be communicated to the nomcom. They will be expected
to pick up the sense of the discussions and take decisions as per their best
judgment if it.

Even if you have earlier spoken about what you see as the right criteria for
IGC nominees - and nomcom will go through those exchanges - it is good if
you can re-state them.

Issues like what numbers of nominees to be sent to the IGF secretariat are
importat, what kind of rotation, what balance etc.

I have also requested the nomcom members to direct issues that they will
like clearer directions on to the list in the next week or so. We can hold
discussion around their posers as well.

Please also state if you find the format of filing nominations fine.

We should also send out a call to all CS groups/ lists we know that IGC will
be forwarding names for new CS nominees on the MAG, and anyone may nominate
anyone including herself. Such outreach will improve the legitimacy of the
process. I request individual members to take up this responsibility with
respect to the CS groups thy may be in touch with.

And of course pl do send in your own nominations to Vittorio and me. The
last date is the 8th.

Thanks.

Parminder

(PS: I will have little or no connectivity in the next 3 days, but will try
to get a telephonic update of important email from my office. Thanks)

     governance at lists.cpsr.org