[governance] workshop proposals for IGF Hyd

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Mar 12 08:00:09 EDT 2008

Parminder, good timing.  I was just about to send the following!

A renewed call for workshops will be made soon (early next week, March 17 on.)

If you organized a workshop or other event in Rio
and have not yet submitted a report, please write
one up now. Ask the secretariat <igf at unog.ch> if
you are not sure of the format, but a page or two
of A4 (for example, just as a guide... 400 to 500
words) would be fine.

There were about 80 parallel events in Rio, so
far about 13 have sent in reports (six
workshops.)
<http://www.intgovforum.org/rio_reports/rio_reports.html>.
Not very good.

At the last meeting of the MAG the group decided:

1.  All organizers of events (workshops, best
practices etc) will be asked to commit themselves
to submit a report on their event. Non-submission
of a report will disqualify  the organizer for
the following year.

(i.e. organize an event in 2008 and fail to
report means no space in 2009).  and

2. Preference will be given in 2008 to those who
did submit a report for 2007.  (Submission of
reports is still possible and encouraged.)

(see
<http://www.intgovforum.org/Feb_igf_meeting/MAG.Summary.28.02.2008.v2.pdf>)

So, please submit your reports.  I think this
fair, free space and facilities at a major
international meeting, couple of pages isn't much
to ask.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org