[governance] [process] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sun Jun 29 10:50:33 EDT 2008

hi,

As i said, i do not think the charter speak to it, so you can.  what i
also said is that i believe this list cannot used for the sending of
ballots without a change to the charter.  a ballot goes to anyone who
is a subscriber to the list 2 months before any vote.

one does not need to subscribe to the charter to vote.  one only needs
to be a CS IGC participant as defined in the charter.

i think from the discussions i have heard that some of our more active
members do not do support the charter as they dislike certain
features,  e.g. nomcom processes, so unless we change the charter, i
think it would be unfair to ask them to support the charter in order
to have their voting rights.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org