[governance] Fwd: [Mmwg] Caucus nomcom

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:14:25 EDT 2008

Adam,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just sent email about revising the caucus nomcom procedures to the old
> "Multistakeholder Modalities WG".   I don't remember the exact purpose of
> the Mmwg,

http://www.nomadicity.net/mmwg-charter-051213.html
<quote>
The purpose of the Working Group is :

    *

      To define multi-stakeholder participation in a way that is
inclusive and accessible to all stakeholders.
    *

      To develop and formalize timely recommendations for modalities
of multi-stakeholder participation that can be applied, among others,
to activities in:
    *

      The Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
    *

      The Process for enhanced cooperation
    *

      WSIS Implementation and follow on activities
    *

      To promote such recommendations to relevant UN and other
international organizations
    *

      To provide ongoing recommendations and advocacy once the
original mechanisms are established

</quote>

 but it seems a reasonable place to hold a discussion about the
> nomcom.

I guess we COULD discuss it there, but since there is no formal
relationship between MMWG and the IGC exists, I doubt this caucus
would accept a recommendation from an outside entity, given that we
don't seem to have taken on board the Nomcoms recommendation in this
area.

--
Cheers,

McTim