[governance] Rights workshop

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon Jun 9 03:45:01 EDT 2008

hi bill

[...

>"There are a number of initiatives addressing rights issues in
>relation to the Internet. Several organisations have developed
>frameworks and charters (APC's Internet rights charter, the CRIS
>Framework, the Freedom of Expression project's Principles document
>to name but a few) that map existing rights in the context of the
>Internet and propose possible rights based approaches."
>
>No TACD. Folks who are spearheading this proposal might want to
>reach out to them...?

yes - i can update anna fielder (the TACD rep on the OECD civil
society coord group) on the proposal -  consumer rights groups in
general are not very involved in ICT policy work or IG work.. but
we've started to address this in outreaching to consumers union and
consumers international around access to broadband

robert guerra kindly introduced me to canadian CU groups which i
haven't followed up on

it would be good if all workshop proponents - and the caucus in
general - look at how we can bring the consumer rights groups into
the IGF more generally..

karen