[governance] Interesting comments re changing face of

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 28 03:38:21 EDT 2008

Ian and all,

  To a great degree and increasingly so, unfortunately Dana is
correct.  Thankfully such is not the case in my company, and
likely will not be in some time to come.

  Administrators that do not have a strong technical background
with significant experience in same, represents a very great danger
to their organizations who's revenue is anchored in IT.  Banks
and financial institutions are finding this out now, and will increasingly
do so over the next 2 to 5 years unless a sea change in Administration
leadership and recognition is realized, excepted and acted upon
appropriately very soon.

Ian Peter wrote:

> Dana Blankenhorn's comments, reproduced in part below, are interesting in
> the context of the ongoing role of the "technical community" in internet
> governance.
>
> While technical community has taken on different meanings here to include
> internet administrative functions, the comments on how things have changed
> as regards independence of engineers is worth examining. Is IETF becoming
> threatened, dominated or unduly influenced by vendor considerations?
>
> Ian Peter
> Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
> PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
> Australia
> Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
> www.ianpeter.com

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com