[governance] Interesting comments re changing face of "technical community"

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Jul 28 23:48:53 EDT 2008

Dana Blankenhorn's comments, reproduced in part below, are interesting in
the context of the ongoing role of the "technical community" in internet
governance.

While technical community has taken on different meanings here to include
internet administrative functions, the comments on how things have changed
as regards independence of engineers is worth examining. Is IETF becoming
threatened, dominated or unduly influenced by vendor considerations?

Ian Peter
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com