[governance] IGC members list

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Jul 20 12:21:18 EDT 2008

>Hi All
>
>Enclosed is a list of 114 IGC members who have
>accepted membership of the caucus as per the
>charter¹s condition, i.e. subscription to the
>charter.

Parminder, Hi, this is very interesting.

However, could you please draw up a ballot.
Arrange for the ballot to be sent to all who have
been subscribed to the list for at least two
months (have you set a cut-off date for this, or
does it roll on and on?) Include on the ballot a
question asking the person to confirm they are a
member of the IGC based on membership criteria as
described in the charter
<http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html>.
Relevant sections of the charter:

Voting Process

Each person who is subscribed to the list at
least two (2) months before the election will be
given a voter account.

As part of the voting process the voter must
personally ascertain that they are a member of
the IGC based on membership criteria described
elsewhere in this charter and posted as part of
the voting information (i.e. a voter must affirm
membership on the voter form in order to vote).
The decision to self-identify as a member of the
IGC is a personal decision based on the criteria
defined. A list of the self-defined member-voters
will be published after the election with the
results of the election.
and,

Membership

The members of the IGC are individuals, acting in
personal capacity, who subscribe to the charter
of the caucus. All members are equal and have the
same rights and duties.

>To quote the charter Œthe members of the IGC are
>individuals, acting in personal capacity, who
>subscribe to the charter of the caucus¹.
>
>I will keep this list open for 2 more days, for
>anyone to comment on his or her exclusion or
>inclusion.

No, that's not your decision.  Please read the
charter and follow what it instructs you to do.
You should send the ballot to all who have been
subscribed to the list at least two (2) months
before the election.

Note that a list self-defined member-voters will
be published after the election.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org