[governance] goodbye!

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Jan 12 11:45:08 EST 2008

Avri Doria wrote:

> Thank you.  But I am not competent as a list maintainer.  For example
> now I am getting a multitude of unsubscribes, but as they are all from
> an address other then one that is subscribed they are being rejected.

Tell you the truth .. as this is hosted on a third party application there
is not much at all that you can do to handle the problem you describe.

Even when you run the list server, chances are you will still run into the
problem if only because people might sign up from a yahoo account, forget
and then send an unsub request from their gmail account, or something
similar.

That is entirely secondary to the moderation of the list - for which a loose
rein, an awareness of the subject and a good rapport with quite a few of the
people on the list helps - you have all that, in spades, which makes you
ideal.

Of course, if you have to step down because of other commitments, that is
entirely your prerogative .. but I would prefer that you not step down in
the belief that you were being called to account for someone else's juvenile
behavior.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org