[governance] goodbye!

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:39:57 EST 2008

Avri

No, you do not just have to go away like that!
I am not as qualified as Suresh is in qualifying people. It is this
erratic approach that scares people away from the list. A careful look at
the messages of those leaving the list will not proof me wrong.
My response may have been "JUVENILE" but it bothered more on some small
management errors (we commit many in our daily activities) which I pointed
out. I wasn't hushing you out (Suresh specializes on that) of the time
consuming work that you have been doing for this list.
I just thought that one of you Managers should come up and say, may be say
time was not available  for proper monitoring. The outcome of such an
apology will to wipe out the sentiments that people may have that list
Managers as being party to such activities.

Warmly

Aaron

On 1/12/08, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> Avri Doria wrote:
>
> > Thank you.  But I am not competent as a list maintainer.  For example
> > now I am getting a multitude of unsubscribes, but as they are all from
> > an address other then one that is subscribed they are being rejected.
>
> Tell you the truth .. as this is hosted on a third party application there
> is not much at all that you can do to handle the problem you describe.
>
> Even when you run the list server, chances are you will still run into the
> problem if only because people might sign up from a yahoo account, forget
> and then send an unsub request from their gmail account, or something
> similar.
>
> That is entirely secondary to the moderation of the list - for which a
> loose
> rein, an awareness of the subject and a good rapport with quite a few of
> the
> people on the list helps - you have all that, in spades, which makes you
> ideal.
>
> Of course, if you have to step down because of other commitments, that is
> entirely your prerogative .. but I would prefer that you not step down in
> the belief that you were being called to account for someone else's
> juvenile
> behavior.
>
>        srs

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22