AW: [governance] Kremlin eyes internet control ...

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jan 10 20:28:27 EST 2008

Carlos Afonso wrote:

> Usually it is the journalist who picks you, of course, not the other
> way around (I do not think even Giselle Bündchen can manage to pick the
> journalists she wants to talk to :)).

Well, having spoken to and been quoted by journalists several times before,
I do agree you have a point. But well, for journalists you don't know
personally or by reputation, the best way to go is email. There's much less
chance of being misquoted that way.

Sure, you can't eliminate the chance, especially when the reporter has an
agenda, but..

And you know which reporters (or occasionally which papers) to avoid in
future. Not like a supermodel who absolutely has to talk to every single
paper that approaches her on the grounds that any publicity is good
publicity :)

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org