[governance] RE: IPv[4,6, 4/6] was IGF delhi format

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Feb 29 20:16:05 EST 2008

Izumi san, yes - I see a reasonable cross section of both communities here
(and yes, I will still hold to a separate "technical community" here) - and
both these have people with more than a passing familiarity with the other
side of things (tech v/s policy)

So lets get together to design a joint course that tries to bridge the gap
between these two. And identify places where these values cause conflict
with technical ideas and why (are the values not really practical?  or is
misunderstanding of the tech, or the values, causing friction?)

Study as an obligation is something I gave up several years ago after I
wrote the last exam I needed to pass for marks / grades. So I am not
insisting on this as a sort of basic qualification, an internet governance
drivers license etc.

This is simply the best way forward to bridge the knowledge gap that's
formed here, and that is drastically reducing the value that both sides
bring to the table. And it is a course that needs to be given very broad
exposure.

	suresh

Izumi AIZU [01/03/08 10:02 +0900]:

     governance at lists.cpsr.org