[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:57:48 EST 2008

All,

On Feb 20, 2008 5:20 PM, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> > I agree with Bill.
> >
> > I think we should simply be arguing CS has been under-represented for
> > the past two years and we wish to see a fair rebalancing as new
> > members of the MAG rotate in.
> >
> > Adam
>
> I thought there was some agreement on Ian's formulation, after McTim and Lee
> agreed to it.

Apologies if there was a misunderstanding, but i only agreed to this part:
> . We also agree that International organizations having an important role in
> the development of Internet-related technical standards and relevant
> policies should continue to be represented in the MAG. However, their
> representation should not be at the expense of broader civil society
> participation.

It would be unreasonable for anyone, after reading my many posts on
this topic to think that I count only 7 CS on the MAG.

BTW,  I just searched the TA, and there are zero references to
"technical community" in the Tunis Agenda.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim