[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Feb 20 12:10:35 EST 2008

> It would be unreasonable for anyone, after reading my many posts on
> this topic to think that I count only 7 CS on the MAG.
>
> BTW,  I just searched the TA, and there are zero references to
> "technical community" in the Tunis Agenda.

McTim,

I quote your email of yesterday

"Ian's formulation seems to be the voice of reason here."

Which was sent a few hours after Ian's email (enclosed)which replied to my
email asking for clear views of Lee and Bill on Meryem's formulation where
Ian's amendments to this formulation were also indicated. Ian in his email
goes on to explain his amendments (which obviously means he places them
within the original Meryem's formulation).

So, when you say you agree with Ian's formulation, if your interventions are
meant to go into the exercise of constructing a caucus statement (which I
take them to be) and not mere expressions of your views as they come to you,
I am liable to take your agreement to Ian's amendment as also accepting the
larger text that is amended. Don't you think it is logical.

I am trying to pull people's contributions together into a possible caucus
statement and it helps greatly if contributions are situated with respect to
the text on hand.

Search 'technical communities' and you will find it (well, this fiction of
one monolithic one view tech community). To help you I can quote para 36 of
TA

" We recognize the valuable contribution by the academic and technical
communities within those stakeholder groups mentioned in paragraph 35 to the
evolution, functioning and development of the Internet"

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org