[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Tue Feb 19 04:48:54 EST 2008

Le 19 févr. 08 à 10:32, Adam Peake a écrit :

> And distracted from work by McTim's Google docs, went over the list
> and believe the current MAG membership breaks down as follows:

[List of MAG members and their categories, based on how Adam
"remember people associating themselves with different groups, or
because it's obvious"]

This makes me think that we should also ask in our statement for the
*classified* list of MAG members (not sure this works for special
advisers) by category on IGF website: which stakeholder, which other
category if any. As part of clarification, transparency and
accountability to stakeholders and to the general public.

> 45 members.  21 Government, 10 Internet organizations, 7 civil
> society and 6 private sector.  And 1 more is Richard Sambrook
> (representing the EBU I believe) I'm not know how to categorize
> him. EBU private sector?

Ah. EBU is an interesting case. No, it's not private sector per se.
It includes radios and TVs, some of them private, others being public
radios or TVs. And, EBU membership might change in the future,
including more and more IP- and mobile radios and TVs, which opens
the way to CS/community radios and TVs. Actually, there might be some
community radios already. So, we have a case, here, of an
international organization, not belonging to the so-called tech
community, not an intergovernmental organization, not gov, not biz,
not cs. But indeed an international organization which should be
represented, as an ad hoc participant.

Best,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org