[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Feb 19 04:32:21 EST 2008

At 2:11 PM +0530 2/19/08, Parminder wrote:
>  > 46 members (my count).  Plus 2 chairs (at the moment) and 12 special
>>  advisers.
>>
>>  7 from 46.
>>
>>  Adam
>

>Thanks, Adam. We instinctively know you will correct us in such details,
>which allow us to indulgence ourselves in not doing our homework. :)

Oh don't trust me when maths in concerned... I was wrong. Seems there
are 45 members!

>In fact I was just now thinking that the numbers of 11 or so of int orgs, 20
>plus of gov and around 7 each of CS and PS just did not look right for a
>total of 40.

And distracted from work by McTim's Google docs, went over the list
and believe the current MAG membership breaks down as follows:

Akinsanmi, Titilayo = CS
Akplogan, Adiel = I*
AlShatti, Qusai = CS
Arida, Christine = GOV
Bayramov, Ayaz = GOV
Cavalli, Olga del Carmen = GOV
Clarke, Trevor = GOV
Daftardar, Abdullah M. = GOV
Dardailler, Daniel = I*
Diop Diagne, Ndeye Maimouna = GOV
Disspain, Chris = I*
Echeberria, Raul = I*
Faltstrom, Patrik = I*
Gadelha, Augusto Cesar Vieira = GOV
Gallagher, Michael D.  = PS
Graham, Bill = GOV
Gross, Robin D.  = CS
Hassan, Ayesha  = PS
Hellmonds, Peter = PS
Hofmann, Jeanette  = CS
Iriarte, Erick  = CS
Kafi, Abdullah  = PS
Karklins, Janis  = GOV
Katoh, Masanobu = PS
Katundu, Michael = GOV
Kisonas, Valdas  = GOV
Khan, Masood = GOV
Kovacs, Kalman = GOV
Lohento, Gemma Brice (Ken) = CS
Magalhaes, Luis = GOV
Oliver, Colin = GOV
Papadatos, George = GOV
Peake, Adam = CS
Pisanty, Alejandro = I*
Quaynor, Nii = I*
Sambrook, Richard = NO IDEA
Sha'ban, Charles = PS
Shanker, N. Ravi  = GOV
Shears, Matthew = I*
Swinehart, Theresa  = I*
Tang, Zicai  = GOV
Taylor, Emily  = I*
Vasiliev, Vladimir  = GOV
Yahaya, Issah = GOV
Zangl, Peter = GOV

I* is the various Internet organizations. I've based this on how I
remember people associating themselves with different groups, or
because it's obvious. It is the MAG as listed on the IGF website.

45 members.  21 Government, 10 Internet organizations, 7 civil
society and 6 private sector.  And 1 more is Richard Sambrook
(representing the EBU I believe) I'm not know how to categorize him.
EBU private sector?

McTim, don't agree with the way you've broken the groups down.  If
you look at how people registered during WSIS you'll generally find
the I* org registered as business (ICANN and APNIC I remember).  ISOC
was civil society (and still is in GAID) as was W3C.  I think if you
try to split the I* orgs they come out 7 private sector and 3 civil
society.

Civil Society's under represented, that's the point we should be making.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org