[governance] mag_breakdown (Google Docs)

dogwallah at gmail.com dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:15:11 EST 2008

I've shared a document with you called "mag_breakdown":
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pb2DEU5QWe37YA3x2AP2CHw&inv=governance@lists.cpsr.org&t=253798293156971314&guest

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online at Google Docs. To open
this document, just click the link above.

All,

On Feb 19, 2008 1:33 AM, Meryem Marzouki <marzouki at ras.eu.org> wrote:
<snip>
> > You see where I'm going with MAG 2.0: intl orgs + CS = 50%
> > (roughly); biz + govts = 50%.
>
> :) or is it :( ?!

You have asked for numbers and analysis, here they are:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pb2DEU5QWe37YA3x2AP2CHw

Basically, I did 3 different counts, one in which folk could be
categorised under multiple headings, using only 3 SH categories, and
got:

CS    Gov   PS
22	23	8

Now under this method of counting, instead of a MAG of 47, we have 53
categorisations.  Messy.

So, I removed the possibility that a person could be counted in more
than one SH group, AND erred on the side of removing folk from CS side,
and putting them in PS or Gov, and the results:

CS    Gov   PS
16	23	7

Now, this data will be unpalatable for many as the first
categorisation, so Adding a 4th SH group AND erring on the side of
removing ppl from CS (sorry alejandro) and counting them as part of the
4th group, I get:

CS	Gov	PS	4th SH
8	  23	     6	         9

Any way you slice it, the PS comes up short according to this data,
Gov'ts are over represented, and CS is holding it's own.

If I have configured Googdocs correctly, this document is editable by
anyone on the list. Have at it if you will.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim