[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Feb 18 13:01:13 EST 2008

Milton

Ok, we will remove the sentence where we say 40 is a good number.

> I also support those who warned you against getting involved in specific
numbers games and proportional quotas. It is enough to say that CS is
underrepresented.

Are you sure we don't ask for clear numbers knowing that, as Carlos and
others have suggested, it isn't going to be less than 40, and almost
certainly continue to be 40. If we just say Internet orgs should be reduced
to an appropriate number and CS representation increased to an appropriate
number I am not sure it will to be taken to mean anything. Clear numbers
however stick in people's minds, as a clearly stated demand, whatever they
may or may not do about it.

 Parminder

  _____