[governance] communicating with our peers

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Feb 7 07:38:22 EST 2008

>>In continuation of the email on CS activity inside MAG, what worries me is
>>that this has happened without any significant (or any at all) role of the
>>CS members in the MAG.

>Is not correct.

>>At least I do not know of it, and will be very happy
>>to be proved wrong.

>I don't know that as a young boy you did not
>torture kittens.  I would be very happy to be
>proved wrong.  (whatever, just stop this negative
>silliness please.)

Adam,

This is a part of a series of emails in which you and Jeannette claimed that
you have been reporting most of MAG occurrences and not much has been
happening there. This gives me good reason to believe that if CS members
would have been doing something on opening up MAGs deliberation to the
outside world, you would have reported something on that. Isnt it logical to
think so.

Added to it is the fact that when numerous times the topic of MAG's lack of
transparency was discussed on this list either there was no participation of
CS MAG members (and this would have been an excellent opportunity to give
details about CS MAG members activity on this issue within MAG, if one would
have missed doing it otherwise) or the comments were not too much pro more
opening up.

>Please coordinate some input for the consultation
>that's a couple of weeks away. Deadline for any
>comments being included in the synthesis paper
>missed (again), but never mind

I am trying to, to my best ability. But as you would have noticed the list
is not sufficiently alive to the issue. I did start separate email threads
for both MAG renewal (paraphrasing the involved issues as well) and comments
on Rio and suggestions for Delhi.

BTW, IT for Change did make a contribution to the MAG renewal issue. See
http://intgovforum.org/forum/index.php?topic=419.0 . So it is not that I in
my personal capacity am not engaged with the issue. But this and Jeremy's
and the latest one from Afonso are the only IGC member contribution (and
there is the earlier email from Jeanette, and from Ian Peter), and I will be
happy to abstract a text from these to put for seeking consensus. But I
think that the set of viewpoints and the breadth of discussion may not be
enough for me to do this. But if you think if shd be done I can. You may
also add your viewpoints here.

Parminder