[governance] communicating with our peers

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Feb 7 06:10:41 EST 2008

>  >This has just appeared on the IGF's front page (unless it was there
>>before and I missed it):
>
>>"Digests of the discussion held within the Advisory Group are
>>available on the Forum Section on a regular basis."  I like it how
>>this is stated as if it had always been the case, whereas in fact it
>>is now 2008 and the Advisory Group was established in 2006.
>

>No, it wasnt there before. And it's a great development.
>
>In continuation of the email on CS activity inside MAG, what worries me is
>that this has happened without any significant (or any at all) role of the
>CS members in the MAG.

Is not correct.

>At least I do not know of it, and will be very happy
>to be proved wrong.

I don't know that as a young boy you did not
torture kittens.  I would be very happy to be
proved wrong.  (whatever, just stop this negative
silliness please.)

>It has happened almost entirely due to UN SG's instructions.

It's been a bit of an evolutionary process.  We
began with expectations from WSIS and WGIG etc,
and progressed since then.  A lot of people want
more openness (and fairness, and for the MAG to
be functional as a multistakeholder group.)

Please coordinate some input for the consultation
that's a couple of weeks away. Deadline for any
comments being included in the synthesis paper
missed (again), but never mind.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org