[governance] Draft of Chairman's paper

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon Dec 8 23:55:01 EST 2008

Avri,

There is an issue here which struck me especially at this 3rd IGF.

You did exactly the right thing to get even a rough draft out quick, rather than waiting for it to be perfect. Thanks.

Why? Well those govt reps which do make it to an IGF,  are expected to report back to their own govts asap on 'what happened.' And they can;t do that very well without early draft summaries, since the IGF is too sprawling for most govt delegations to cover all the simultaneous events, well. Or even a fraction.

In other words, we'd all be doing those govt folks especially a a favor if we followed your practice and got our reports/summaries out as fast as possible. Of course could help the rest of us too. Errors can be corrected later, sharing a draft is a favor.

Now I just need to practice what I'm preaching, and you're doing, for the 'IGF Role and Mandate' workshop report...soon come!

Lee