[governance] Do We Need An Internet Zoning Law?

Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Sat Aug 30 14:42:19 EDT 2008

Thought i'd share the following article that I just came across. It
comes under the issue of protection of minors from "harmful" content,
a topic that will be quite present at this year's IGF.

As the article covers issues related to rights, ICANN, and internet
policy - well, thought it would be good to forward to the list and
seek comments from this community. It is an issue not to be dismissed,
as there are quite a number of workshops and/or panels at this year's
IGF on the topic.

regards

Robert
---

http://techdirt.com/articles/20080822/1902492075.shtml

The proposal comes from a professor from Brigham Young University,
Cheryl B. Preston, who's proposing the idea for an Internet Community
Ports Act (ICPA), which would create special "zones" online where it
would be okay for "adult" material to reside, and other zones that
would be kid friendly

[snipped]
     governance at lists.cpsr.org