[governance] Who are we in the name of CS?

YJ Park yjpark21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 05:25:28 EDT 2008

Dear all,

As one of newly appointed MAG members through 2008 WSIS CS IGC nominating
comittee's election, I would like to bring the issue of CS cooperation
between CS IGC and CS ITC (Internet Technical Community) for 2008 IGF main
session workshop coordination.

According to the list of who have been contributing to the main workshop
coordination, many contributors from CS IGC and CS ITC have
been shaping main workshops despite lack of participation from other
stakeholders.

My attention to how to improve other stakeholders' participation in the MAG
as well as more CS IGC engagement with some of main sessions invited one of
long-standing issues of how to handle revolving indentities of each member
and the united identity of CS.

This issue can be also extended to the current initiative of OECD's effort
to institutionalize CS in its decision-making process together with BIAC and
TUAC.

As some of you know, the same issue was brought up in the recent Coalition
mailing list. Is it possible to put CS ITC and CS IGC (and possibly other CS
organizations) in the name of CS?

It would be timely for CS IGC to discuss how to handle CS identity in a more
consistent manner in various Internet Governance related fora.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, I would like to thank those who
supported me in the nominating committee process as well as the outgoing MAG
members from CS IGC for their services to the IGC.

Your inputs on "Who are we in the name of CS?"will be appreciated.
YJ