[governance] co-coordinator election results

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Aug 21 04:41:42 EDT 2008

>If none has any objection, I agree to the proposal that the next
>elections are held after IGF, Hyderabad, and I continue in the
>position of co-coordinator till then.
>
>However, instead of Jan 2009, it is good to hold elections in
>December of each year, so that after the outgoing co-coordinator
>have contributed to the immediately post IGF activities, like
>reports etc, the new coordinator take charge on January 1 giving the
>new coordinator good time to prepare for the Feb IGF consultations.

I think this is a very sensible suggestion.  It would be good to get
elections out of the way before any deadline for contributions to the
next consultations. Can't be sure they will always be held in
February but it certainly is the pattern.

I also want to thank Parminder.  It's hard enough trying to
coordinate the caucus when there are two, it seems Parminder's been
alone for much of his term.  Many thanks to him.

And congratulations Ian!

Best,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org