[governance] Proposed contribution for the Hyderabad programme

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 12 09:09:08 EDT 2008

Parminder and all,

  Let me get something clear here.  Our members in accordance
with nearly 12 years of ongoing experience and experiences,
have a few non-negotiable "Rights" for lack of a better term,
that must be clearly and fully articulated or we shall not support
any effort along similar grounds.  They are as follows:

- All and any stakeholders regardless of class, country of origin
or residence, age, sexual orientation, or condition of servitude,
must have the indivisible and unchallangable right to their personal
privacy and safety in all respects of IT involvement without
equivocation
or future amendment or any extraneous future conditions and/or world
events.

- The use of any data regarding any individual's use or interaction
using telecommunications or Internet activity, no matter how trivial,
is seeded in the individual and it is his/her right, without
equivocation or
future amendment or any extraneous future conditions and/or world
events, as what can be done or how such data can be used, stored,
or shared and under the conditions only as that individual may
allow.

- That any commercially related transaction data that may be collected
be available for review and amendment to the individuals or
organizations
commercial or non-commercial without fee or cost upon request within
a reasonable amount of time, and not to exceed 15 working days.  That
correction, amendment, or deletion of this or any commercially or
medically related data be the sole property of the individual or
organization, commercial or non-commercial, without the possibility
of amendment of any sort in perpetuity, and is transferable to surviving
relatives or designated individual or organization in trust, as that
individual
may direct, or that commercial non-commercial may direct in perpetuity.

Parminder wrote:

> [...]
> central theme of the IGF process.
>
> (2) About the taking stock and way forward session: we suggest that this
> session be organized in the same "bottom-up" manner as the other main
> session workshops and debates.  In light of para 76 of the Tunis Agenda,
>
>     "76. We ask the UN Secretary-General to examine the desirability of the
> continuation of the Forum, in formal consultation with Forum participants,
> within five years of its creation, and to make recommendations to the UN
> Membership in this regard."
>
> It is important that a review and evaluation of the IGF begins promptly and
> be conducted as an inclusive and transparent consultative process involving
> all stakeholders.
>
> The Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus organized a workshop on "The
> role and mandate of the IGF" at IGF, Rio, and is organizing another with the
> same title at IGF, Hyderabad,
> <http://www.intgovforum.org/workshops_08/showmelist.php?mem=71> and we would
> be pleased if this workshop, and the IGC, could help support the organizing
> of and the discussion during the taking stock and way forward session, in
> the same way as the preparation for the other main sessions is being done in
> collaboration with some workshop organizers.  We would be pleased to work
> with the MAG and all other stakeholders to use this session to begin the
> process of review and evaluation of the IGF. It is important that a review
> and evaluation of the IGF begins promptly and be conducted in an
> inclusive and transparent consultative process involving all stakeholders.
>
> (3)  The process of merging individually proposed workshops and setting-up
> the working groups that are to develop the main session workshops has been
> very unclear.  How were some workshops accepted in these working groups and
> some not?  What efforts have been made to ensure that a balanced
> representation of views is present in each of the working groups organizing
> the main session workshops?
>
> The caucus believes this process needs to be improved and made more
> transparent. We would like clarification of the process and to be assured
> that all stakeholders, and holders of all viewpoints, will have an equal
> opportunity to participate in the working groups developing the main session
> workshops (and therefore greatly influencing the main session debates.)
>
> (4) Improving participating from developing countries has been identified as
> a critical issue by the IGFs to date. We are concerned that this issue is
> not being adequately addressed. We will specifically like to know about the
> funding support available for participation of civil society  from
> developing countries. We note that the September consultations may be too
> late to manage a smooth process for allocating funds, and request that
> immediate action be taken in this regard, and the IGC informed about it.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com