[governance] beijing ticket scam - is this governed at all?

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Aug 6 07:43:35 EDT 2008

John, Hi.

Some of these issues were raised by APWG at the Paris ICANN meeting,
at least in a presentation to the cross constituency meeting (the
business groups of the GNSO)
<http://james.seng.sg/2008/07/14/anti-phishing-in-hong-kong/>

I think it would be interesting if you (perhaps with APWG) could
write up the problem and possible solutions (with those solutions
associated problems) and send it to the secretariat <igf at unog.ch>
before August 15 suggesting it as an issue to be considered during
the main session "Fostering Security Privacy and Openness" (the title
may not seem appropriate, but I think it's an OK fit with the intent
of the session.)

About the Beijing problem -- odd the Olympic organization's IP
lawyers didn't have it taken down.  They seem to think they own all
uses of Olympic and I thought we're pretty aggressive.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org