[governance] Stepping down as IGC 08 Nomcom chair.

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Apr 30 12:51:13 EDT 2008

Suggest we wait until we have heard from Ian as
the new nomcom chair.  After that, if the caucus
wishes to redo the process then it might be a
good idea to ask the whole nomcom if they would
continue. Robert seems unavailable for a while
(perhaps not?)  Would we want to continue if some
members of the nomcom we not able to continue?

It's not completely clear to me what re-doing the
process would achieve.  Is it process for the
sake of process, or do we expect a more valid
outcome?

There's a consultation coming up.  It would be
really helpful if the caucus focused on that as
well.  It really does help MAG members to know
what the caucus is thinking, what issues should
be on the agenda, what format is preferred,
comments about experiences in Rio. Much of this
would repeat or add to comments from the February
consultation, but responses to the MAG's papers:

Draft programme outline
<http://intgovforum.org/hydera/DraftProgramme.Hyderabad-draft.26.03.2008.pdf>
Summary of the MAG meeting
<http://intgovforum.org/AGD/MAG.Summary.28.02.2008.v3.pdf>

would be helpful.

The consultation process gives us the opportunity
for comment, MAG response/interpretation,
comment, etc.  Let's not miss that.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org