[governance] IGC workshop: A rights agenda for Internet

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Apr 25 08:35:18 EDT 2008

hi adam

At 13:22 25/04/2008, Adam Peake wrote:
>Karen, as I mentioned regarding the Transboundary Internet workshop,
>the proposal does not need to be complete for April 30.  More
>compete the form the better, so don't stop!  But at this time you
>can make general comments rather than specific. You don't need names
>of all who you want involved, just say who you want involved, what
>point of view.

sure

>A straightforward description of what the workshop will be about and
>what interests will be represented will let us all see what issues
>people think important.  With the proposals and any discussion from
>the open consultation, the MAG should be able to start more detailed
>discussion of the programme. We'll all be able to see what other's
>are working on, perhaps join them, merge ideas, etc.

the substantive sections are long, it's true.. but i don't want to
dumb it down too much as i think the text we have there is necessary
to put forward a case..   we talked about editing down the text - but
it's not easy - but, could have a go

when you say 'straight forward description' - are you implying that
the text does not do that? ;)

>There's been a bit of discussion about this on the MAG list and it's
>in the email digests of the MAG discussions (which I guess people
>have stopped reading... they are pretty dull.)
><http://intgovforum.org/forum/index.php?topic=426.0>

thanks

karen