[governance] IGC nomcom process and results

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Fri Apr 25 04:56:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I still understand that the nomcom have felt reluctant on forwarding
nominations when nominees were not informed on such possibility in
advance, and I now see that Ian (one of the nomcom's members) has
confirmed this.
However, after having rechecked the rules for nomcom process details
(http://www.igcaucus.org/nomcom-process.html), I've a language
question: what does mean exactly in English the following sentence:

"6. All candidates reviewed by nomcom will be made public as will
their applications and other information"

- candidates will make public their applications and other info if
they are willing to to so, or
- nomcom have to make public the list of candidates, as well as their
applications and other information?

This is a serious question, in good faith. I'm used to make my points
clearly (and if needed bluntly:)), so I never need to use sneaky
detours and in any case I don't like this..

Thank you very much in advance for the English course (actually, I
learn a lot on this list from this point of view)
Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org