[governance] coordinator elections

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Apr 23 21:32:40 EDT 2008

On 23 Apr 2008, at 20:05, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> I also support the Adam's proposal of extending current co-
> coordinators'
> term and do the election after the May consultation meeting IF the
> co-coordinators feel comfortable.

I support this as well.

Also, I went through the email list and noticed that a lot of people
have never bothered to add their real names to their subscriptions.
My assumption is that 'members f he igc' are people with names and not
just email addresses, I think that it is in keeping with the idea of
one person one vote that voters have names and aren't just addresses
that could be forwarding lists for all anyone really knows.

Just to outline what I did last time for the election for the current
coordinators.  I went through the list, and added all the names I knew
either because I knew them personally or because I was able to find
some email from them in the archives that had a name attached.  I also
asked everyone to use the address they get when I sent out a reminder
from the email list, like I am about to do, to log into the system and
add their real name to the record.

After that was done and some time had gone by, i then put together the
list of potential voters - those who had names, and sent them
instructions on the voting procedures.  I also sent a message to the
main list indicating what I done and suggesting that anyone who
thought they should have received the vote mailing should let me know
so we could fix things.

Once the voters list had some time for people to confirm they were on
it, assuming they wanted to be, the voting was then done through the
other list.

I am assuming we can do something similar this time, if we want.  By
accepting Adams suggestion there is time to do this.  I have already
offered to help with the mechanics of the election and will help do
this this, if this is what we end up doing.

cheers

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org