[governance] coordinator elections

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Apr 23 20:05:37 EDT 2008

Thank you Parminder for your coordinating work and Avri for clarifications.
I think we should a) follow the charter and b) also follow the precedence
unless there is a strong reason to change, and if we are to change the
process which requires the change of the charter, then we should do so.

Parminder, I like to act you to help us form the consensus, and
I have not (yet) seen a strong support for your suggestion of
asking each member if we support the cahrter explicitly before
the voting from others. I think considering the relatively low
participation in the discussion and voting etc, asking the
members twice without showing the real need may reduce the
outcome. Thus I also think what Avri explained seems practical
and also following the charter.

Thanks anyway for your hard work.

I also support the Adam's proposal of extending current co-coordinators'
term and do the election after the May consultation meeting IF the
co-coordinators feel comfortable.

izumi

     governance at lists.cpsr.org