[governance] IGC Nomcom - Slate of candidates - reporting

Ken Lohento klohento at panos-ao.org
Wed Apr 23 16:46:14 EDT 2008

Dear nomcom/all

Thank you for selecting me as IGC nominee. As per your request below, I
would like to confirm:

1. my interest in being recommended to the MAG

2. I commit to regularly post updates to the IGC mailing list, if I was
selected by the UN.

However : I would like here to propose that, to avoid remarks about
current CS MAG members not reporting to IGC in the future (which I don't
always share), it would be good that we also define clearly how selected
MAG members should report to the group

Here are some proposals for consideration, in particular regarding MAG
meetings:

a) - before each MAG meeting, CS members recommended by IGC should
interact with the group, indicating the key issues of the meeting and
making recommendations to the group as per any position to take (one
question here : should EACH of them send a mail even if they share the
same opinion or should they send a collective note?);

b) - during each MAG meeting, CS members interact with the caucus,
notably to receive suggestions on what position to advocate for,
regarding a key issue being discussed - CS MAG members can designate
here on person within them who will interact with the Caucus primarily,
while individual member may add additional notes if needed/they wish;

(one remark here : as MAG members are bound by the Chatham House Rule,
CS members cannot publicly unveil the individual name of MAG members
having advocated for a particular position...)

c)- after each MAG meeting, CS MAG members send a collective report on
that meeting, on what positions they advocate for, etc; individual CS
MAG member send personal additional notes if they feel they need to do
so, notably if they don’t agree with a particular position recommended
by the IGC rough consensus or by other CS MAG members.

Regards

KL

     governance at lists.cpsr.org