[governance] Speakers for IGF - ideas?

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Sep 6 04:09:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

I think one of the things people fear, and something I myself
fear in all sorts of venues, is the effects of both innocently
inaccurate information and FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt).

So in any endeavor there may be people who believe that a specific
topic does not belong on an agenda.  however, once it is put on the
the agenda, they want to make sure that those who understand the
topic are properly represented (btw, no endorsement of any proposed
speaker on my part is intended).  I don't think it is
necessary to presume a belief of conspiracy nor is it necessary
to be involved in one.

in the field of technopolicy this is even more prevalent since
it is impossible, i believe, to do technopolicy without understanding
both technology and policy.  and, again in my view, there as as many
of us dabbling in technopolicy who don't understand technology as
there are who don't understand policy.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org