[governance] For you as an Internet user, what is a "Critical Internet resource"?

Ronda Hauben ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 20:14:40 EDT 2007

The ability to participate - to have an interactive infrastructure

The netizen for me as well as the computer and communication aspects of the
Internet are the 3 aspects of the critical resources

For the computer - the general purpose nature, for the communication - the
ability to be have the ability to do networking and to communicate with
people and machines around the world, for the netizen aspect, the ability to
participate in what happens online, not to be only a receiver, but a
participator, someone who can interact with others and with the computers
and networks, to be able to contribute to and have a way to be part of
determining what will happen with the internet and its development.

cheers

Ronda.

On 9/30/07, jlfullsack <jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Dear Paul
> You've got the point : Power is issue n°1, at least in DCs !
> However, this basic principle is mostly ignored or left out by so-called
> high level leaders gathering in so-called Summits on ICTs. So this hot
> potato won't be put on the (round) tables during the coming  "Connect
> Africa
> Summit"
> Best
> Jean-Louis Fullsack

Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook