[governance] Innovation

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Tue Nov 27 13:11:30 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:30 AM, Adam Peake wrote:
 > Shame this discussion's not happening on the ALAC mailing list

Another problem with the ALAC is the fact that too many discussions
among the ALAC's members happen on the ALAC's internal, non-public
mailing list. (This was a problem too when I was the ALAC's GNSO
Liaison and privy to the internal list.) I don't think it's malicious
or a sign that anyone is trying to hide anything, just a bad habit
that needs to be broken.

I have the same criticism of the ICANN Board, btw, but I'd love to
see the ALAC be a model for how to have policy conversations in
public, much like the way the GNSO showed how to have meetings
recorded and disseminated by mp3.

      -- Bret

--
Bret Fausett (skype me at "lextext")