[governance] Rudeness tectics (was Re: Reinstate the Vote)

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 07:16:20 EST 2007

Veni,

Carlos merely pointed out that this has gone on long enough - and perhaps
you should backtrack over years of people's involvement on this list and
elsewhere before passing judgement with your "serious attempts to put an
end" to discussions about moral principles.

And Carlos does not need anyone to defend him; he is quite capable of doing
so himself, and in fact to most on this list he need not even do so, for
they know the extent of his contributions - as I am certain you too are well
aware.

So, I am not defending Carlos - I am pointing out that you chose the wrong
person at whom to level your insinuations of attempts to curb dialogue. Your
point is valid, but misplaced.

Regards,

Rui

On 26/11/2007, Veni Markovski <veni at veni.com> wrote:

> At 09:19 11/26/2007  -0200, you wrote:
> >Yes, it seeems this thread with amateur shrinks and patients
> >changing roles and positions in the couch is more proper to a good
> >bar table late in the night, after a reasonable round of
> >caipirinhas. It seems way past time to close it.
>
> It is interesting that everytime there is a serious discussion about
> moral principles in this list, there are also serious attempts to put
> an end to it. That is esp. valid if someone is trying to defend
> himself/herself from personal attacks. I am not surprized, people in
> general don't like people who have sharpened sense of fairness. In
> other words - it is good to attack Kieren, or any other ICANN
> staffer, but it is very bad if he explains with facts what are his
> positions (and very, very bad if they are solid).
>
> veni

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa