[governance] Re: Warning over Net address limits

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:14:55 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07, David Goldstein <goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Stephane,
>
> Your language is frankly rude.

I thought there was a touch of humor in it. We have been talking about
IPv4 runout for many years.

>Language such as this does nothing to encourage people to have a
voice in internet governance other than current interested players. If
you want to keep internet goverance in the hands of the first world
with a voice and great telecommunications, fine.

Why is one connected to the other?  There are many Africans actively
involved in these (IPv4 exhaustion/transition to IPv6) discussions.

>But unless encouragement is given to a multitude of voices, then you
might as well go live on the moon yourself.

I don't think we should encourage the uses of the term "armageddon"
regarding this topic.

--
Cheers,

McTim