[governance] bureau yes bureau no??? ... Nomenclature vs functionality

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri May 25 02:34:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am not thinking of backing away from the MSH format at all.  And
you are right changing the name would be brain dead (i don't know
what i was thinking).  though of course it would be good to have the
MAG brand be the real brand as opposed to nickname we have given it.

What I am really looking for, other then a good consensus position
for this caucus, is a MAG that would be truly balanced  and which
would be self renewing.  I would like to see a process where each of
the houses in the MAG has an equal number of seats and can pick,
through some yet to be designed process, the occupants of these seats
using an open and transparent set of processes.

To get back to what i wish i said, i think it would be useful if the
IGC could develop and suggest such a set of methods as a
recommendation.  BTW, this is the kind of work I had hoped the MSH
Modalities WG (MMWG) would have done, but that group seems to be
rather dormant if not dead.  maybe we can do the work here.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org