[governance] igc@ igf

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:13:57 EDT 2007

Hi Bill,

On 5/23/07, William Drake <drake at hei.unige.ch> wrote:

<snip>

>  >> Normally, whenever there is sufficient time for a statement to be
>  >> discussed and approved by the caucus as a whole, the decision
>  >> procedure outlined above will be required. However, there will be
>  >> occasions when members of the caucus will be attending meetings and
>  >> will be presented with the opportunity to make statements that
>  >> require a very quick response.

I don't think this qualifies as an "opportunity to make statements
that  require a very quick response."

I think that it should have been discussed and agreed beforehand.

I think it was a short-circuit of our agreed process, and object
strongly to it's inclusion.

It says to the caucus that if you attend a meeting, you can insert
language that you want included, as long as it fits under #5 below.

I also don't think it passes criteria #2, if it did, we would have
explicitly mentioned/included it in our statement.

/McTim

In these cases, while it is still
     governance at lists.cpsr.org