[governance] keep to the topic & list netiquette

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 15 05:24:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Can there be some refining of what gets posted to the list. Personal insults (I'm probably somewhat guilty here too) and ongoing discussion on what funding Milton may or may not have had gets tedious. Frankly, having worked for an NGO doing fundraising, we should be pleased the funding was won as I can only imagine the topic isn't easy to convince funders to give funds for.

If there's a point, please make it, but there's no need for repeated postings that add nothing.

In addition, we native English speakers need to give some latitude to non-English speakers in their postings. If it doesn't sound right, maybe checking the intent first before ridiculing/attacking the author publicly could be courteous.

As is obvious, there are a lot of points of view here. Some are right, some are wrong and some are just different. Let's work together.

Cheers
David

PS A lot of the internet governance issues are covered on my website - http://technewsreview.com.au. Anyone with a relevant story to post is welcome to send it to me.

---------
David Goldstein
 address: 4/3 Abbott Street
           COOGEE NSW 2034
           AUSTRALIA
 email: Goldstein_David @yahoo.com.au
 phone: +61 418 228 605 (mobile); +61 2 9665 5773 (home)

"Every time you use fossil fuels, you're adding to the problem. Every time you forgo fossil fuels, you're being part of the solution" - Dr Tim Flannery

      Switch to Yahoo!7 Mail: Transfer all your contacts and emails from Hotmail and other providers to Yahoo!7 Mail. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/trueswitch_info.html

     governance at lists.cpsr.org