[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sun May 13 18:49:04 EDT 2007

At 16:44 5/13/2007  -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>Lest anyone think this sort of openness is idealistic or impossible,
>let me assure you that the state of Florida -- and every single
>regional and local governmental entity -- operates under rules of
>near-total transparency under the "Sunshine" provisions of the state
>constitution. It is an existence proof of concept.
>
>Our law does not even allow three elected members to discuss
>business over lunch in a private meeting.  That may be going too
>far, but what Karl suggests about transparency is certainly possible.

So, let's see if you will put that into language that can be used to
contribute to ICANN.
I am sure that if you suggest it, with enough arguments, and if all
directors agree, and if money is put into the budget, this can be
make possible. Of course, needless to say, current directors, who
have agreed to serve without being eavesdropped, should all agree to that.

veni