[governance] Programme outline and schedule released

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue May 1 22:53:01 EDT 2007

>>> ca at rits.org.br 5/1/2007 5:42:19 PM >>>
> especially now that even an internal high-level committee is
>telling ICANN it should seriously consider internationalization.

Just an aside. We must be careful and precise in our use of words and
concept in this area.

By "internationalization" ICANN's management basically means "how do we
escape US law and litigation and free ourselves even more from political
accountability?"

By "internationalization" I (and probably most of us on this list)
mean, "how do we _increase_  global accountability by replacing US
unilateral oversight with a more globalized governance arrangement?"
     governance at lists.cpsr.org