[governance] Programme outline and schedule released

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Tue May 1 18:24:06 EDT 2007

At 18:49 5/1/2007  -0300, you wrote:
>Veni Markovski wrote:
>>I hope we can try to be more constructive, and decide first what
>>COULD be discussed, and not use try to define what the IGF SHOULD
>>do, and stressing that several times (see below quotes)?
>
>Interesting point of view... who determines the "could"? Is this a
>multistakeholder environment or a bunch of order followers??

exactly, even if the orders come from Milton, we could, but should we
follow them ;)
May be it's a misunderstanding. My point about the "could" is that
certainly we may discuss everything, but there are aspects of the
discussion, which were set in the TA, and we can't escape from that
framework. If we try to go beyond that framework, this could be
easily used to undermine all the efforts of the civil society... You
don't want that, do you?

> > ...article 72, for example, should be read
>>fully, not sentence by sentence, and not half sentences only.
>>Here's a simple example:
>>72 point a says: Discuss public policy issues related to key
>>elements of Internet governance in order to foster the
>>sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet
>
>and point "j" says:
>
>j. Discuss, inter alia, issues relating to critical Internet resources;
>
>Read it in full, as per your own recommendation, Veni.

That's exactly the point I was making - no one could try to interpete
the TA. Instead, we just need to follow it - in its full text. Not by
sentences, or by paragraphs. And we might - just might - allow
people, who have been part of the process, to give some ideas.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org