[governance] IGC sponsored IGF workshops

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Thu Jun 21 04:46:10 EDT 2007

Meryem Marzouki ha scritto:
>> otherwise, it's more who would be involved in developing the workshop
>> proposal
>
> I can try to propose a first draft description in the following days,
> but have first to check what the caucus already provided as comments on
> the issue: best to start with already agreed text.

I think that you should just go ahead and propose the workshop, and try
to find as many co-sponsors as you can. If what you fear - a sort of
boycott, or simple lack of interest, by non-CS stakeholders - actually
materializes, then we'll discuss how to deal with it, possibly through
pressure by civil society AG members to accept the workshop all the same.

In the meantime, I think that the IGC could be one of the sponsors -
unless anyone here objects - but I suspect that the actual organizing
work rests on you :-)
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------