[governance] Re: IGF workshops - more time is needed

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Jun 16 23:55:58 EDT 2007

Parminder,

I think this kind of communication is actually the job of the caucus
coordinators. We can make arguments in the advisory group for civil
society positions, and I am happy to take this matter to the list if
Jeanette doesn't, but requests from the caucus should come from you
and Vittorio to the secretariat.

You can represent the caucus position: there hasn't been a vote, or
very much discussion on this matter, but it is perfectly OK for the
coordinators to raise issues you think important to the caucus with
the secretariat.  Where are we can only pass on general discussion
from the list.

Please note Robin wrote to the list about workshops on May 25th as
soon as there was news from the IGF meeting, and the general
description went on the IGF site shortly after that.  I sent a note
about workshops on May 27.  Neither of those notes mentioned a
multistakeholder requirement.

It would be good to ask Markus for advice, rather than just present demands.

Could you add Vittorio to this thread.

Best,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org