[governance] bureau yes bureau no???

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Jun 1 02:59:30 EDT 2007

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/31/07, Mr. Robert Guerra <lists at privaterra.info> wrote:
> >
> > If we don't have a position on the topic, then we should ... I would
> > ask that the list/caucus agree to a position before the next IGF
> > consultation in sept.
> >
> > That gives us PLENTY of time to discuss the topic and develop. I hope
> > a consensus position on the topic can be formulated.
> >
> > I personally, am not supportive of a WSIS type Civil Society Bureau
> > (CSB) being created for the IGF as it exists now.
>

> Nor am I.

Please let's adopt a clear positively-formulated position on this.

For example something like "It is the position of the Civil Society
Caucus that whenever advisory or decision-making functions with regard
to the Internet Governance Forum are performed by a group of three or
more people, that group should have multistakeholder composition, with
the representatives of civil society working directly together with
those of other stakeholders."

Greetings,
Norbert.

--