[governance] Action on Enhanced Cooperation, please

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Sat Jan 13 21:57:43 EST 2007

I second avri here, a polite but not too obsequious or formal closing is
fine.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

>>> avri at psg.com 1/13/2007 4:03 PM >>>
hi,

while i appreciate politeness in letters, and signing of with
something polite is always a good thing regardless of whether one is
addressing government types or simple people, i would like to caution

against acting too much like the diplomats or in catering too much to

their style.

one of the things that is special about the IGF is that is is a
coming together of many communities, each with their own style.  i
personally believe that the more we try to imitate the behavior
patterns of the governments, the more we weaken our case.

another problem i have with statements like these is the implicit
indication that there is the possibility that there were conditions
under which we would not continue to play constructively.  certainly
whenever i read something like this, i immediately see the opposing
unstated threat.

i think a simple terminating 'thank you' should be sufficient.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org